A Crafty Handmade Holiday November 30 2010, 12 Comments
Now here's my story....
I can no longer sit on my sofa. It’s not that I don’t want to, I am no longer allowed to - my son has turned it into a freeway inhabited by his fleet of cars and trucks. I don’t think I have actually purchased a single matchbox car or tonka truck, even though we have over 30. I am grateful for the gifts but coming downstairs every morning to a house full of STUFF makes me feel claustraphobic. So this year the only things I am bringing into my life are the things that bring me joy. What can make me smile when I step on it the morning? A handmade toy - something made with love and attention to detail that is lacking in mass produced items.
1. Baby Deck Chair by Board Games
2. Toy Boats by Friendly Faries
3. Shinkansen Bullet Train Shirt by Namu
4. Robot Blocks Toy Set by Woodmouse
And for my bigger guy some fun things:
1. Computer Terminal Retro 80s Fridge Magnet by Moddy Boy 80
2. Bear Cup by Mie Kongo
3. Repurposed wooden clock portable amp/ipod speaker by Rdallum
4. Dewey the Itty Bitty Robot Embroidery by Naomi Cayne
ps. Santa, if you are reading this - here are a few hints for me - I've been a very good girl this year!